Can we help you?
We’ll be pleased to answer your questions
Ship velocity and power efficiency analysis & prediction
Quickly analyze vessel speed and power performance. NavCad provides maritime designers with the necessary tools for the optimized selection of suitable propulsion system components.
Hydrodynamic and Propulsion System Simulation
NavCad is the premier hydrodynamic and propulsion system simulation tool, providing powerful systems engineering calculations for the performance of marine vehicles. NavCad is built on a physics-based performance equilibrium of the Vessel-Propulsor-Drive system model, and is known for its reliable and confident prediction.
NavCad contains an extensive library of prediction methods for hulls, propulsors, and all necessary pieces, making it the most efficient and comprehensive platform for analysis from early-stage design through post-delivery trial evaluation.
- Naval architects and designers
- Hydrodynamicists and researchers
- Propulsion equipment companies
- Propeller manufacturers
- Vehicle product developers
- Navies, coast guards, and educational institutions
More fidelity with less cost
NavCad advance functions allow to go further than velocity prediction. Analyze quickly a bollard pull project or determine the acceleration time. Use active items such as models, sea trials or CFD calculations to correlate and align predictions, bringing the highest fidelity with the least cost. Use additional analysis to verify hydroacoustic, the trim & sink, drag reduction, dynamic planning stability and more.
Beyond velocity prediction
- Merchant ships and naval vessels
- Small ships and work boats
- Motor and sailing yachts
- High-performance vehicles
- Special craft and vessels
- Propellers (open & ducted)
- FPP, CPP, CRP propellers
- Custom propulsors
The Premium Edition of NavCad offers a suite of power user tools for optimized design, lifecycle evaluation, and workflow efficiency. NavCad Premium is a vital tool for design space evaluation of the Vessel-Propulsor-Drive system or for the vessel hull form component. Its Analytical Distributed Volume Method (ADVM) supplements hull form analysis with a novel and proprietary numerical calculation of wave-making resistance. Scripting for batch calculations and use of NavCad Premium as a calculation server makes it the ideal coupled solver for optimization and integrated design studies with CAD and CFD. The duty-profile operating modes module gives users of NavCad Premium understanding of system performance metrics across the full operating scenario and ship life-cycle, including energy KPIs and GHG emissions.
- Vessel resistance predictions via dimensional analysis or numerical methods
- Resistance of appendages, seas, wins, restricted waterways, towed bodies
- Hull-propulsor interaction for both transit and towpull conditions
- Steady-state equilibrium propulsion analysis for efficiency and power demand
- Sizing of principal propeller characteristics and optimum gear ratio
- Propulsion analysis of towpull or vessel acceleration
- Prediction of mission duty-profile propulsion KPIs and GHG emissions