New major features added to HydroComp PropElements 2017
HydroComp, Inc. of Durham, NH USA has implemented significant new features to HydroComp PropElements 2017 – the propeller “design for performance” code. While built upon the same analytical code-base as an earlier version of PropElements, it really is a novel program that tackles the component-level hydrodynamic needs of naval architects. The latest update offers a predictive tool that can handle custom and semi-custom propeller analysis, and allow naval architects (and propeller specialists) to investigate propeller iterations at later design stages. Now, HydroComp PropElements can evaluate a propeller or walk a design much closer to 3D CFD in a shorter time frame and at reduced cost.
Key upgrades include:
– New interface using the HydroComp common GUI (as found in PropCad and NavCad).
– Deployed with equivalent “Premium Edition” features, such as scripting, batch processing, and loating network licensing.
– New high blade-loading curvature correction for low J accuracy. (This is huge!)
– Interactive smoothing of pitch and/or camber during the optimum design process.
– Ability to define a nozzle or tip-gap “effectiveness”.
– Added section cavitation criteria for chord and nose radius.
– Calculation of body forces for CFD and FEA. (Now a vital companion for higher-order analyses!)
– Prediction of induced volumetric flow rate (for “pump action” applications).
– Additional data exchange with NavCad (for initial design) and PropCad (for manufacture).
Also new to PropElements 2017 are internal analytical prediction improvements for:
– Performance properties for Generic foil option.
– Nozzle induction.
– Foil-specific CF friction line.
– Analysis at tip sections.
HydroComp products and services are used by naval architects, marine engineers, yacht designers & ship builders, owners & operators, academics, propulsion equipment suppliers, governments, and militaries worldwide. HydroComp is proud to have served over 700 industry, research, academic, and governmental clients from more than 60 countries.
VICUSdt is the European representative of HydroComp. If you need more information, you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org